Saturday, April 12, 2008

Exams: The history behind the nightmare

Today I found myself sitting in my not-very-comfortable chair, in front of my computer, asking myself why the hell am I in my house and not outside?, and the answer came right after the question, on monday I have a physics exam, YES, I study engineering, or at least I pretend to study, because it is not as if I where really studying haha.

Anyway, I decided to let go a little bit and write a little bit about what I think of exams here.

I don't know who was the person who came up with the witty idea of making an exam to prove how much we know about whatever the exam is about, but i'm pretty sure that it was the same person who discovered that a knife was really useful if you wanted to kill someone.

This person, who I am going to name Mr. X. M. only because I like the sound of those letters together, surely grew up in a non friendly environment, and when transformed in a fully grown adult, he decided to ruin the lives of everybody's children, he thought and thought, days and nights, during a whole year! and one day, he came up with his horrible idea.

He got a job as a teacher in the elementary school in which he had studied so many years ago, and worked really hard, until he got to be the principal, once he was there, he created the exam, and told everyone that exams where great, that they would help them know how much did the kids learn.

Years later, teachers are still convinced that exams are the only way to know if you know, and so, they keep making exams, and kids of all ages keep failing.

Thats the true story about exams, and now, i'm going to continue studying.

Thank you, and good bye

No comments: